It was fantastic to see all children eagerly coming into school ready to commence the year at Woodleigh's Penbank Campus. Children displayed such independence from our very youngest in our Early Learning Centre to all other students from Prep to Year 6. Brilliant effort!
We were extremely pleased to introduce the new students to the other children in their group. In no time at all, children helped each other with classroom routines, playtimes, and specialist programs that commenced this week.
The first week of school is crucial for connecting with peers and teachers.
As I ventured around the school throughout the week, children enthusiastically involved themselves in various activities and experiences. It was terrific popping into a drama class to observe new children confidently joining in with the group improvisations - very creative and courageous.
Children thrive when parents show a keen interest in their child's learning and school. The children loved creating their name tags for you that you lovingly wore at the Information Night. I thank all parents who joined our Penbank community for the first of our parent events. It is always an excellent opportunity to get to know your child's teachers and hear all about our aspirations for the year. We were most excited to be able to host this Information Night onsite. This occasion is also an opportunity for you as parents to meet your child's friends' parents. They tend to become lifelong!
We look forward to inviting all parents to an outdoor School Meeting (Assembly) and the first PFG (Parents and Friends Group) Meeting in the coming weeks. Dates to be confirmed. Our first School Meeting for the year was a delightful gathering of our growing student cohort at Penbank. Year 6 students Charlotte C and Henry B led our School Meeting. We were also delighted to have individual contributions from new students. The children also enjoyed seeing what the teachers were up to during the holidays! Parent Interviews are next - Thursday, 11 February.
This past year, school routines and procedures have changed somewhat. Thank you sincerely for your co-operation, especially with our traffic management and onsite restrictions due to COVID. As you know, it is an ever-changing moving beast – again, thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
Commencing the school year is an exciting time for children. Beginning the next year level, preparing books, meeting your new teacher, trying new things, being with friends, and making new ones contribute to a very positive start. We've all been delighted to be together this week. Welcome to Penbank!
Penbank Program of Events 2021 (Subject to change)
- SLT Planning Days – Monday 18 - Thursday 21 January
- New staff begin (Induction) - Monday 21 January
- All staff commence – Friday 22 January
- Staff PL Program – Friday 22 Friday 29 January
- Australia Day Holiday – Tuesday 26 January
- ELG/4 Introductory sessions – Thursday 28 January
- ELG/4, Prep, new families Introductory sessions – Friday 29 January
- Year 7 & Year 12 students commence – Friday 29 January
- All other students begin – Monday 1 February 8.45 am
- Penbank Information Evening – Thursday 4 February 7.00 pm
- Parent/Teacher Interviews – Thursday 11 February
- Parent/Teacher interviews – Tuesday 16 February
- Woodleigh SC Homestead Night – Tuesday 9 February
- Swimming Try-Outs (Year 3-6) Crib Point Tuesday 18 February
- Wilsons Prom Camp Set-up – Friday 19 February
WEEK 5 - Wilsons Prom Camp Week
- Wilsons Prom Camp Year 5 – Monday 22nd – Friday 26 February
- Body Safety Superstars Program Parent Workshop – Wednesday 24 February 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- Body Safety Superstars Program -ELG/4, Prep-2, Year 6 – Thursday 25 February
- Body Safety Superstars Program – Year 3 & 4 – Friday 26 February
- Penbank Campus Tour – Friday 26 February
- SchoolPix – School Photos -Prep-Year 6 - Wednesday 3 March
- Body Safety Superstars Program -ELG/4, Prep-2, Year 5 & 6 – Thursday 4 March
- Labour Day Holiday – Monday 8 March
- District Swimming Carnival – Wednesday 10 March @ Pines
- Body Safety Superstars Program -ELG/4, Prep-2, Year 5 & 6 – Thursday 11 March
- Body Safety Superstars Program – Year 3 & 4 – Friday 12 March
WEEK 8 – Cultural Diversity Week
- Golden Valleys Camp – Year 3 & 4 – Monday 15 March – Wednesday 17 March
- Division Swimming Carnival @ Pines – Tuesday 16 March
- Harmony Day School Meeting – Thursday 18 March - 8.50 am
- Body Safety Superstars Program – Year 5 – Thursday 18 March
- Tennis Trials @ Mt Martha Tennis Club - Thursday 18 March
- Harmony Day Twilight Picnic – Thursday 18 March
- Body Safety Superstars Program – Year 3 & 4 – Friday 19 March
- Harmony Day – Sunday 21 March
- Year 6 Lifesaving – Monday 22 March - Tuesday 23 March
- Resilience Project Parent Webinar – Tuesday 23 March - 7.00 - 8.00 pm
- Regional Swimming @MASC – Tuesday 30 March
- Minimbah & Penbank Sports Carnival – Thursday 1 April TBC
- Term 1 Ends – Thursday 1 April
- Good Friday – Friday 2 April
- Easter Saturday – Saturday 3 April
- Easter Sunday - Sunday 4 April
Head of Penbank – Deputy Principal Woodleigh School