Enrol Your Child at Woodleigh School
Selecting the school that’s right for you is an important process.
Our Enrolments team is committed to making your experience as personal and enjoyable as possible.
Woodleigh School is a place that affirms openness, independence, creativity, self-motivation and initiative; elements that you can sense as soon as you enter the school. Woodleigh School is entirely coeducational and committed to the belief that this is the only suitable setting to educate both boys and girls for adult life.
Applications for Enrolment may be submitted at any time throughout the year, and early applications are encouraged, to increase the likelihood of securing a place for your child in your preferred year of entry.
Welcome to Woodleigh.
To place your child on our applicant list please apply online, making sure to include all required documentation.
Whilst an application does not guarantee your child a place, it does ensure they are added to the enrolment list and considered for their desired year of entry.
Applications are ordered by date of receipt, with consideration given to current families and children of past students.*
*Other levels of priority exist. Please call Sally Hicks, Director of Enrolments for further information 5971 6100.
Enrolment Information Sessions are presented regularly at our Senior Campus. These sessions give a full and broad understanding of the ethos and philosophies of the school as a whole.
Sessions include information about our academic curriculum, sport, the arts, Camps and Activities programs, and exchange opportunities. These sessions offer an invaluable insight into life at Woodleigh, both in the primary and secondary years. Evenings conclude with a Q&A session, providing parents with the opportunity to ask directly of the Principal any questions they may have.
Bookings for Information Sessions are required.
Please register your attendance by filling out the form below.
We also offer regular group tours of the Minimbah, Penbank and Senior Campuses. Click here to book a Campus Tour.
Woodleigh School invites you to join us at our Minimbah, Penbank and Senior Campuses to discover more about what makes Woodleigh the school for Adventurous Minds. Tour our grounds and buildings and learn how we support every individual to follow their own path.
Please note: group tours have limited places and registration is required.
At Woodleigh School we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm. The School regards its child protection responsibilities with the utmost importance and as such, is committed to providing the necessary resources to ensure compliance with all relevant child protection laws and regulations and maintain a child safe culture.
In booking this campus tour, you and those attending with you, agree to abide by the Child Safety Code of Conduct at Woodleigh School.
Minimbah Campus Tours focus on ECC-Year 6 programs at the School.
Minimbah Campus Tours may also be held at other times by arrangement with Rod Davies, Head of Minimbah Campus. Call 9788 6488 to make an appointment.
Penbank Campus Tours focus on ECC-Year 6 programs at the School.
Penbank Campus Tours may also be held at other times by arrangement with Vivienne Wearne, Head of Penbank Campus. Call 5978 8425 to make an appointment.
Senior Campus Tours focus on Year 7-12 programs at the School.
Senior Campus Tours may also be held at other times by arrangement with Sally Hicks, Director of Enrolments. Call 5971 6100 to make an appointment.
Application for Enrolment
An Application for Enrolment form may be submitted at any time. The application is not binding, and enables your son or daughter’s name to be placed on the waiting list for the appropriate year and level.
No place is guaranteed until after interview and a Letter of Offer received by you and the Terms of Business and Student Entry Fee returned to the School. The application form must be accompanied by a payment of $100.00.
Student Entry Fee
A Student Entry Fee is payable prior to the commencement of each child at Woodleigh School. No place is considered reserved until the non-refundable Student Entry Fee is paid.
Entry to the School is available only to children with reserved places. A reservation will not be confirmed until a written offer of a place is made by the School and the Student Entry Fee has been paid.
The Student Entry Fee is a non-refundable amount of $900.00.
Woodleigh School Fees for 2021
3 Year Old
4 Year Old
3 Year Old
4 Year Old
|YEAR LEVEL||TUITION FEE||CONSOLIDATED CHARGE|
* The Tuition Fee and Consolidated Charge for year levels 3-Year-Old ECC to Year 11 will be charged in four (4) equal instalments (January, April, July, September) and Year 12 in three (3) equal instalments (January, April, July). Fee statements will be sent out two weeks before the commencement of each term.
A Building Levy of $675.00 per family will be charged in four (4) equal instalments.
- Tuition Fees for each academic year will be set by the School Board and notified to parents in the preceding year.
- The School Board reserves the right to alter Tuition Fees and Consolidated Charges during the course of the academic year. Any such increase shall come into effect 28 days after written notification of any such increase has been provided to parents.
- Further accounts will be issued during each year for costs and incidental charges that accrue during the course of each term, for example, costs associated with the Activities Program, Activities Weeks, Camps, and some other elective programs.
- ECC Minimbah Campus: The 4-Year-Old program operates four days per week (currently Monday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm).
- The 3-Year-Old program operates two days per week (currently Thursday and Friday, 9am to 3pm).
- ECC Penbank Campus: The 4-Year-Old program operates three days per week (currently Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm).
- The 3-Year-Old program operates two days per week (currently Monday and Friday, 9am to 3pm).
- Children commencing during the term will be charged on a pro-rata basis for tuition only. The Consolidated Charge and Building Levy will be charged at the term rate.
- Sibling discounts: A reduction of 5% is given on Tuition Fees for the second child, 25% for the third child and 50% for the fourth and subsequent children who are at the School at the same time.
- A full term’s notice of withdrawal from the School is required, otherwise, a term’s fees will be charged in lieu of such notice.
Payment of Fees
Fee accounts must be paid by one of the following methods:
- Prepaid Yearly Tuition Fees - A discount of 2.5% is granted to any family wishing to pay the year’s tuition in one instalment. For the 2021 year, this payment is due for payment prior to Friday 11 December 2020. Please contact the Finance Office to organise the relevant paperwork.
- Payment in full within 14 days of the issue of the account. This payment may be made by BPAY, credit card or cheque.
- By eleven monthly payments (February to December) either by direct debit authority from your credit card or bank account, processed on the 15th day of each month. If you wish to pay your account monthly, please contact the Finance Office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (03) 5971 6100. Applications must be received by Friday 17 January 2020.
Books and Stationery
Students at Woodleigh will be expected to purchase some of their basic textbooks and all of their stationery requirements, using booklists prepared by the School.
At Woodleigh, our annual scholarships program searches for the next generation of Adventurous Minds – curious students who continuously question, searching for knowledge and understanding.
When applications open, later in 2021, We will be seeking students with a love of learning; students who try their best every day, whose application, effort and engagement mean that they will find success in almost everything they do.
Applications for Academic, Music and Principal’s Scholarships for entry into Years 5 & 7 in 2023 will open in June/July this year.
Academic Scholarships are awarded to the most highly able students. Students who display outstanding academic ability on the scholarship test will be invited to an interview with the Principal.
Music Scholarships are awarded to students who show evidence of a high degree of talent in their chosen instrument/s. It is expected that applicants can perform to a minimum standard of AMEB Grade 3 (for Year 7 entry) or AMEB Grade 2 (for Year 5 entry), or a comparable level.
Principal’s Scholarships are awarded based on sound academic potential, a strong desire to learn and the willingness to fully participate in the co-curricular life of the school. Leadership skills, citizenship qualities, a commitment to community service, and a particular talent in Visual or Performing Arts, Music or Sport, are all key selection criteria.
Applicants should have sound academic potential, a strong desire to learn, and the willingness to give their best to Woodleigh’s extensive co-curricular programs. We seek young leaders, who are committed to our community and work to better themselves and their peers through active contribution and service.
All scholarship applicants are required to sit the Scholarship Examination to be held in September.
Creative thinkers, who strive for excellence and are dedicated to their community, are encouraged to apply.
Register Your Interest
Fill in the form below (remember to check that you're interested in hearing about scholarships), and we will be in touch when our 2023 Scholarship Applications Open.