A Woodleigh education provides more than just an excellent academic preparation for the future. It offers a journey of experiential learning and discovery which prepares each individual for the challenges of life beyond school.
Woodleigh School is a place that encourages students to be adventurous with their learning. It affirms openness, independence, creativity, self-motivation and initiative; elements which you can sense as soon as you enter the school. Our three unique campuses, Minimbah, Penbank and Senior Campus, are entirely coeducational and committed to the belief that this is the only suitable setting to educate both boys and girls for adult life.
We see the development of academic learning, personal wellbeing, and student engagement as being interdependent. As a result, we promote the development of student outcomes across the essential elements of learning: the understanding of concepts, the acquisition of knowledge, the mastery of skills, the development of productive attitudes, and the ability to perform meaningful tasks in real world settings. We understand that such deep learning is best cultivated in safe, supportive and respectful environments where students can take risks, question their assumptions, respond creatively, and explore new ways of thinking. For this reason, our approach to teaching is paced to students' learning needs, tailored to their learning preferences, and built around their specific interests as learners.
We are the hub of a dynamic learning community. We aim to develop independent, resilient, creative and compassionate individuals who can find personal success in life, while making a positive contribution to the communities in which they live. At Woodleigh, students discover and follow passions, grow in a culture of mutual respect, cultural freedom and inclusion.
- We are a global leader in personalised learning.
- Respect for self, respect for others and respect for the environment.
- The determination to strive for personal best.
- A willingness to innovate.
- A commitment to encourage and develop creativity.
- We care for and support each individual and their learning.
- We provide a positive and collaborative working environment.
- We aspire to be our best in every situation.
- We celebrate diversity and promote intercultural understanding.
- We serve others and work hard to make a positive contribution to the world.
- We embrace a sustainable future, whilst striving to reduce our impact on the natural environment.
- We embrace change positively, foster independence and nurture curiosity, empathy and innovation.
- We encourage, support and empower students to become lifelong self-directed learners.
The Woodleigh Institute for Experiential Education
The Woodleigh Institute is a dynamic innovation lab focused on promoting personalised, experiential learning for students, teachers, school administrators and system leaders. The Institute serves as a hub for professional and organisational learning at Woodleigh School, and provides leadership for transformative projects that explore new approaches to teaching and learning, organisational development and leadership. The Woodleigh Institute also partners with experts, institutions and organisations who are interested in furthering progressive approaches to education and offers a range of customised professional learning services to the wider educational community.
For further information about our projects, workshops, services or retreats, please contact Dr Richard Owens – email@example.com
- Due to the generative, collaborative focus for the event, participants are expected to commit to the entire program.
- Woodleigh School enjoys a beautiful natural setting. Participants are encouraged to dress casually and wear comfortable walking shoes. As the daytime temperature can vary, we recommend that you dress in layers.
- Where possible, we encourage participants to attend with someone from their school or organisation to support collaboration and action beyond the event.
- During session times, we ask that your mobile phone be turned off or on mute.