The position requires a considerable degree of flexibility.
Some weeks there will be little work; at other times, there may be several evenings. Over the year this will average to about one full day’s work per week – but with considerable variation. The new Hall Technician will need to be very flexible with respect to hours and days/evenings worked. (The precise days to be worked will, however, be known at least two months in advance.) Much of the work will be out of hours.
You are responsible for the smooth running of the Woodleigh School Hall.
This includes preparing for booked events (set up of lighting, sound, AV, furniture, etc.) Checking heating/cooling. Notifying security. Safety, external lighting, etc. Operating equipment for the event as required. Cleaning up after the event. Locking up, alarming and closing school gates at the end of the evening. Ensuring the hall is maintained in good working order (ordering equipment and organising maintenance as needed etc.) This will require a considerable degree of initiative and responsibility.
Your duties may be varied by the School from time to time in accordance with the School’s operational requirements
- Experience setting up and operating lighting, sound, AV equipment and a willingness to learn the Woodleigh system
- Experience operating lighting and sound for theatre performances/events
- A current Working With Children Check is required
- Ability to work with school students, overseeing the operation of equipment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and respond to technical issues as needed
Conditions of Employment
- Woodleigh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to appointing staff on the basis of merit.
- At Woodleigh School we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in children's best interests and keeping them safe from harm. All staff are to abide by the Child Safety Code of Conduct.
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
- Woodleigh operates a smoke-free work environment.
Date prepared: February 2018
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 14 March.
All applications are to be directed to the Deputy Principal, Mr David Burton.
Located on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, Woodleigh School is an independent, coeducational school comprising two Junior Campuses (ECC-Year 6) in Frankston South and Moorooduc and a Senior Campus in Langwarrin South.
Woodleigh is a community that strongly values a holistic education. It is a place where students are known and valued, where boys and girls grow into independent, creative, resilient individuals together.
Woodleigh is a school of dynamic, academically rigorous learning, which reflects and responds to the world we live in today. Whilst very definitely an academic school, with fine VCE results equipping the large majority of students for tertiary study, it also provides a number of other very important dimensions that prepare all students for the challenges of life in the twenty first century.
Woodleigh affirms openness, independence, self motivation and initiative, and never limits students to predetermined outcomes. Woodleigh is entirely coeducational, committed to the belief that this is the only suitable setting to educate both boys and girls for adult life.