Woodleigh School are seeking to appoint an Enrolments Assistant to provide support to the Director of Enrolments in procuring, processing, maintaining and confirming Applications for Enrolment to Woodleigh School.
Position: Enrolments Assistant
Campus: Senior Campus
Reports to: Director of Enrolments
Key Relationships: Enrolments Office, Community Team
The Enrolments Assistant provides support to the Director of Enrolments in procuring, processing, maintaining and confirming Applications for Enrolment to Woodleigh School. They are a key contributor to the overall operations of the Enrolments Office. They assist in the delivery of the Enrolments process with the aim to maximise school enrolments across all three campuses in a manner that reflects the vision, purpose and values of Woodleigh School.
- Be the first point of contact for prospective and future families, providing exceptional customer service. Respond promptly to all enrolment enquiries in a friendly, sensitive and professional manner.
- Develop positive relationships with students and parents throughout all stages of the Enrolments process – from enquiry to commencement.
- Build and maintain a sound working knowledge of the policies and procedures governing enrolment at Woodleigh School.
- Develop up-to-date, close working knowledge of Woodleigh School’s academic, co-curricular, community, camps and Activities programs.
- Input and maintain enrolment records within the School’s database, TASS.
- Accurately maintain enrolment spreadsheets, records and files.
- Collate and prepare Enrolment Information Packs.
- Provide administrative assistance in all aspects of the enrolments process, including:
- mail-outs, data collection and data entry
- scheduling Enrolment Interviews and preparation of interview files
- preparation of Letters of Offer on behalf of the Principal
- Provide assistance in the preparation and presentation of enrolment events
- Conduct School Tours for prospective parents and their children, if required.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills:
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
- Must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Show high professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Show initiative and have the ability to problem solve.
- Display strong attention to detail.
- Be able to multi-task, be flexible and able to manage changing priorities.
- Have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Be a team player with a strong sense of community.
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience working in a school or have similar experience in an administrative and/or Customer Service environment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement – successful completion of Year 12 English.
- A commitment to Woodleigh’s values of Respect for Self, Respect for Others and Respect for the Environment.
- A commitment to the School’s co-curricular, experiential and outdoor education programs.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- The determination to strive for personal best.
- A willingness to innovate and encourage the development of creativity.
- Knowledge of TASS, The Alpha School System.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
- Previous experience working with children.
Conditions of Employment:
- A Working with Children’s Check is required for this position.
- Woodleigh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to appointing staff on the basis of merit.
- At Woodleigh School we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm. All staff are to abide by the Child Safety Code of Conduct.
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
- All staff are required to observe and uphold all of Woodleigh’s Privacy policies and procedures as implemented or varied from time to time.
- Woodleigh operates a smoke-free work environment.
Sally Hicks – Director of Enrolments
Date prepared: March 2018
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 20 April. Commencement ASAP.
All applications are to be directed to the Principal, Jonathan Walter.
Located on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, Woodleigh School is an independent, coeducational school comprising two junior campuses (ECC-Year 6), in Frankston South and Moorooduc, and the Senior Campus in Langwarrin South. At the heart of a Woodleigh Education is our commitment to the holistic development of every student within our school.
We provide a nurturing and challenging environment that supports students to develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions that they will need to thrive, at and beyond school. We aim to develop independent, resilient, creative and compassionate individuals who can find personal success in life, while making a positive contribution to the communities in which they live. At Woodleigh School, we see the development of academic learning, personal wellbeing and student engagement as being interdependent.
As a result, we promote the development of student outcomes across the essential elements of learning: the understanding of concepts, the acquisition of knowledge, the mastery of skills, the development of productive attitudes, and the ability to perform meaningful tasks in real world settings.
We understand that such deep learning is best cultivated in safe, supportive and respectful environments where students can take risks, questions their assumptions, respond creatively, and explore new ways of thinking. Woodleigh School is an equal opportunity employer.