Deputy Head of Teaching and Learning – MYP Coordinator
Woodleigh are seeking a dynamic and creative educator to lead the implementation of the IB Middle Years Programme in 2019.
- Leadership of strategic vision and plan for establishing Middle Years Programme.
- Ensure close alignment with both VCAA and IB of all curriculum documentation.
- Inspire MYP staff to engage with relevant professional development.
Located on Victoria's beautiful Mornington Peninsula, Woodleigh is an independent, co-educational school comprising of two Junior Campuses (ECC - Year 6) and a Senior Campus (Years 7 - 12). A creative and dynamic school, Woodleigh promotes a holistic development of every student within the school, actively supporting young people to develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions they will need to thrive, both at school and beyond. Woodleigh enjoys a long-standing reputation for innovation, ensuring that adventurous minds are challenged, passions are nurtured, and students thrive in a culture built on respect and inclusivity. The school seeks an experienced and motivated educator to lead, collaborate and support the staff of the Senior Campus to implement the IB Middle Years Programme. Beginning in Term 1, 2019, and reportable to the Head of Teaching and Learning, the Deputy Head of Teaching and Learning - MYP Coordinator will be responsible for advocating, promoting and actioning all aspects of the MYP within the Woodleigh School context.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead, support and guide staff to meet the MYP requirements and to function collectively as a professional learning team that promotes a positive culture of inquiry-based learning pedagogy.
- Work collaboratively with leaders and teachers to review practice, initiate actions and develop policy proposals to enhance the quality of teaching and learning.
- Effectively engage all students in the Middle Years Programme and communicate to key stakeholders the achievements and outcomes.
- Ensure that the delivery of MYP at Woodleigh complies with the administrative requirements of both VCAA and IB.
- Demonstrate commitment to continual improvement of own practice as a teacher and pedagogical leader.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A deep understanding of the teaching pedagogies and practices relevant to the MYP and to optimise learning outcomes for all students.
- Experience in leading and managing a team through a change process.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- An established record of innovation and implementation of creative ideas.
The successful applicant will require VIT registration, appropriate qualifications and First Aid training certificates. At Woodleigh School, there is zero tolerance for child abuse and staff are committed to acting in children's best interests by keeping them safe from harm. Woodleigh School has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Tuesday 26 June at 5pm.